You are going to love the latest addition to our vintage line titled Butterfly Cutwork. The difference between this collection and old fashion cutwork is instead of cutting each hole by hand after the design is completed, you cut the holes first and let the design embroider over them. We accomplish this using a unique cutwork technique that is taught in our comprehensive tutorial. There are 46 different files total and the project for this collection was tea towels, which make the perfect addition to any kitchen. This collection and they way we chose the colors in the designs differ from almost anything else we've ever done. We decided to make the designs tonal, meaning all of the colors are in the same shade, which is also the shade of the base fabric. It is actually an easy technique; simply choose 7 or 8 colors that are all a shade apart. For example on the pink tea towel we chose 8 shades of pink thread. The best part of this technique is that you can mix brands of thread without issue. After the colors are chosen simply use them at random, they will all look beautiful together and go perfectly with the background. Remember, choose your fabric first and then choose 7 or 8 shades of thread to go with it. No matter what your color choice is the designs are guaranteed to look great.
View a printable PDF of designs for this collection - Butterfly_Cutwork (1MB - may take a few seconds to load)
What comes on the CD
- Multi format designs
- ARTISTA (.ART)
- DECO/BROTHER/BABY LOCK (.PES)
- HUSQVARNA/VIKING (.HUS)
- JANOME/ELNA/KENMORE (.SEW)
- PFAFF (.PCS)
- SINGER (.XXX)
- MELCO EXPANDED (.EXP)
- HUSQVARNA/VIKING/PFAFF (.VIP)
- TAJIMA (.DST)
- JANOME (.JEF)
- Full Colour Catalog - The full colour catalog includes the frontand back covers from all of our design collections plus sample projectideas.
- Tutorials - The tutorial is the greatest feature of ourcollections. Whenever we do a complicated project we include astep-by-step photo tutorial on how to complete the project. You willnever have to figure anything out for yourself again.
- Free Re-sizing program - If you've ever had trouble re-sizingdesigns, those days are over. We include a professional re-sizingprogram. FREE of charge, with instructions on how to use it.
- Thread Colour Sheets - We also give you step by step colour tutorials for every design in the collection