This Christmas tree crazy quilt design even comes decked out with Christmas lights! Creating Crazy Quilts on an embroidery machine is such an easy technique!
he crazy quilt technique has been popular with quilters for years but if aren't a quilter you have probably never tried this amazing technique. If you are a quilter that embroiders as well.... you can combine both hobbies into this project. There are a multitude of fabrics to choose from so this was a fun way for us to launch this technique.
You create a crazy quilt by mixing different fabrics in a patchwork style. There are a few different crazy quilt designs for embroidery machines but the techniques that were used required a lot of steps that involved folding fabric and it took a long time to complete a block. We used a much simpler technique with these designs.
The best part about crazy quilts are when they are complete you have a scene with a large icon in the center instead of just a quilt. Our tutorial contains an extensive guide that will demonstrate how to choose your fabrics, create a block and finish the quilt. In the finished wall hanging notice how the bands of fabric continue through the whole design even though they are done in different hoopings. Contains 50 Designs.
View a printable PDF of designs and stitch offs for this collection - Christmas_Tree_Crazy_Quilt (1MB - may take a few seconds to load)
What comes on the CD
- Multi format designs
- ARTISTA (.ART)
- DECO/BROTHER/BABY LOCK (.PES)
- HUSQVARNA/VIKING (.HUS)
- JANOME/ELNA/KENMORE (.SEW)
- PFAFF (.PCS)
- SINGER (.XXX)
- MELCO EXPANDED (.EXP)
- HUSQVARNA/VIKING/PFAFF (.VIP)
- TAJIMA (.DST)
- JANOME (.JEF)
- Full Colour Catalog - The full colour catalog includes the frontand back covers from all of our design collections plus sample projectideas.
- Tutorials - The tutorial is the greatest feature of ourcollections. Whenever we do a complicated project we include astep-by-step photo tutorial on how to complete the project. You willnever have to figure anything out for yourself again.
- Free Re-sizing program - If you've ever had trouble re-sizingdesigns, those days are over. We include a professional re-sizingprogram. FREE of charge, with instructions on how to use it.
- Thread Colour Sheets - We also give you step by step colour tutorials for every design in the collection