Recently, Anita Goodesign hosted an online survey and one of the questions we asked was" If you could choose the next theme for a new collection, what would it be?" There were thousands of different requests, but one that kept popping up was "realistic dragons". So, when we were discussing new ideas for upcoming releases at a company meeting it turns out that our newest artist loves dragons and immediately threw herself into this project.
She created a fantastic painting of a dragon flying over a mountainous valley at night and needless to say, we were all quite impressed with her effort! Linda and I decided on batik fabrics for the project because they made a beautiful background sky effect with the mottled and tie-dyed colorations of grey and black. Then it came time to do the digitizing. I decided to stipple the whole background with three different layers of thread.
This creates stability for the fabric as well as a great shimmering sky when using metallic thread. When digitizing the dragon, I began with a base fabric applique. This keeps the stitch count down and gives the dragon a deep, saturated color base. Now, all of the additional hand done layers of colors for shading and scales will really pop! I used another piece of stone colored batik as applique base for the mountain and even more hand worked, free form stitches to texturize it with layers of color. The end result of all this work is stunning!
View a printable PDF of designs and stitch offs for this collection - Dragon_Tile_Scene (1MB - may take a few seconds to load)
It is not often that I get to create a really awesome piece of embroidery art! You will surely feel the same when you embroider it for yourself!
This is a six block tile scene that comes in three file sizes; a small size for the 6"x10" hoop, a medium size for the 7"x12" hoop and a large size for the 8"x12" hoop.
This is also the first tile scene we have created that includes an embroidered border to frame the finished design. The border consists of ten different segments to surround the dragon as a framed work of art.
We did it tone on tone to simulate a carved effect when viewed from a distance. The border designs each have an outline/framing stitch so they are easy to piece together. We even included the framing stitches for the mitered corners!
What comes on the CD
- Multi format designs
- ARTISTA (.ART)
- DECO/BROTHER/BABY LOCK (.PES)
- HUSQVARNA/VIKING (.HUS)
- JANOME/ELNA/KENMORE (.SEW)
- PFAFF (.PCS)
- SINGER (.XXX)
- MELCO EXPANDED (.EXP)
- HUSQVARNA/VIKING/PFAFF (.VIP)
- TAJIMA (.DST)
- JANOME (.JEF)
- Full Colour Catalog - The full colour catalog includes the front and back covers from all of our design collections plus sample project ideas.
- Tutorials - The tutorial is the greatest feature of our collections. Whenever we do a complicated project we include a step-by-step photo tutorial on how to complete the project. You will never have to figure anything out for yourself again.
- Free Re-sizing program - If you've ever had trouble re-sizing designs, those days are over. We include a professional re-sizing program. FREE of charge, with instructions on how to use it.
- Thread Colour Sheets - We also give you step by step colour tutorials for every design in the collection