Floriani Stitch N Wash, Water Soluble Tearaway 12 x 10 (30.48cm x 9.14M)
- Perfect for open-work type embroidery on light cottons and linens
- Eliminates hours of "picking" out stabiliser remnants from between the stitches
- Easy to remove from around delicate embroidery
- Great for foundation piecing
Stitch N Wash tear away is ideal for open work type embroidery designs on light cottons and linen because it is made up of half soluble and half non-soluble fibres.
By wetting the design after embroidering the stabiliser is easily torn away without distorting stitches or harming the delicate fibres of heirloom quality fabrics.
Above: This “open” design on the left was stitched onto a soft silk using ordinary Stitch and Tear. Looking at the back, we can see it will be very time-consuming to try and remove all the stabiliser. This fabric will not drape naturally around and throughout the embroidery. On the right the same design and fabric but using Floriani Stitch n Wash. After just one washing the stabiliser has gone from the “open” areas of the design but still remains trapped in the stitches to support them. This will allow the fabric to drape as if it hasn’t been stitched onto.
The design will retain the non-soluble part of the stabiliser beneath the stitches, keeping the embroidery looking permanently smooth. Any remnants of the stabiliser around and between the design will wash out in the laundry.
In this extreme embroidery example above we wanted to stitch on this super stretchy top and have perfect outlines and a stretchy finish. We used a single layer of No Show Nylon Mesh Fusible, a single piece of Stitch N Wash, small piece of Water Soluble Topping.
This product is now available in 8 ½" x 11" sheets for feeding through a printer for paper/foundation-piecing designs and templates.
Try the fusible version of Stitch N Wash when doing embroidery on loosely woven versions of the fabrics mentioned above that tend to shift during the hooping and embroidery process. By fusing the Stitch N Wash on to the back of the fabric, it will aid in keeping the fabric taut. This version also eliminates the need for basting or messy spray adhesives.
How to use Floriani Stitch N Wash®:
- Hoop one layer of the stabiliser within the frame with the garment or fabric. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the embroidery frame.
- Embroider the design. *Tip – If the design is denser than 8,000 stitches or if it is a poorly digitized design (too many stitches for design size), float an additional layer of Floriani Stitch N Wash® between the hoop and the bed of the machine for each additional 8,000 stitches for added support!
- Remove the hoop from the machine and from the garment.
- Wet around the edge of the design using a sponge, foam paint brush or envelope sealer.
- Wait about 10 seconds to allow the water to activate the water soluble portion of the stabiliser.
- Tear away as much of the Stitch N Wash® as possible.
- Stabiliser from between embroidered areas will wash out in the laundry with a mild detergent and agitation.
12 inches x 10 yards
8 ½ inches x 11 inches (25 sheets in pack)