Floriani Wet N Gone
Brilliant for all your Free Standing Lace projects and any embroideries where you need to remove the stabiliser backing. Supports a high stitch count design when embroidering and rinses clean afterwards. Doesn't perforate and break apart like film-based products.
- Fabulous for free-standing lace with just one layer for most designs or double-up for dense work
- Great for making appliqués, decorative pins and/or 3-D embroidery.
- Rinses clean leaving no messy residue
- Use as a topping for wide satin stitch designs on high pile fabrics for perfect results!
Floriani Wet N Gone is a fibrous water soluble stabiliser and does a superior job of supporting dense designs. Embroider most free standing lace with just one layer! Its clean rinse capability also makes it the best choice when using it with delicate fibers such as yarn scarves or English netting.
How to use Wet N Gone® for free standing lace and/or embroideries:
- Hoop one layer of the stabilizer within the embroider frame.
- Embroider the design.
- Remove the stabilizer from the hoop and trim away as much of the stabilizer as possible.
- Rinse away the remaining Wet N Gone® using cool water. *Tip – If your desire is to have the lace stiff, simply get the embroidery wet. Don’t rinse! Once it is wet, the stabilizer will be absorbed into the stitching and will dry stiff.
Note: Not all lace is considered “Free Standing” make sure that the packaging states that the design is “Free-standing Lace Embroidery” or check to see that all the stitching is joined up. Some lace embroideries may require the use of two layers of Wet N Gone if it is overly dense or stitch intensive.
It is now available in a fusible as well as a sticky version.
Use the fusible version on sheer fabrics such as organdy, organza, lame, sheer silks and more to establish a solid type fabric that is easier to hoop and embroider. Once the embroidery is complete, all the stabilizer rinses away and will not shadow through.
Use the sticky version of Wet N Gone to embroider on hard to hoop items such as the corners of silk blouse collars, delicate handkerchiefs and more.
Available in sizes:
12 inches x 10 yards
12 inches x 25 yards
20 inches x 10 yards
12 inches x 3 yards (sample pack)