Use Tearaway Magic to embroider your most delicate woven fabrics with perfection! The light fusible coating will prevent stretching of the fabric during the hooping process and will prevent the design from shifting while your machine is embroidering. The crispness of Tearaway Magic helps to prevents puckering yet leaves behind soft, flexible embroidery because the fibers are partially water soluble. For use when embroidering linen, cotton, batiste, shirt weight denim, silk and more.
Easy to remove from around delicate embroidery or machine stitching.
Won't shadow through light colored fabrics.
Eliminates countless hours of "picking" out stabilizer remnants.
Super stable and will support about 8,000 stitches if the design is well-digitized.
To use Tearaway Magic Fusible:
- Fuse one layer of the stabilizer to the back of the fabric/item. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the hoop to insure proper stabilization. *Important - Use a low temp (260°F (120°C) Silk Setting) on your iron. Do NOT touch the surface of your iron to Tearaway Magic Fusible, press from the fabric side or use a press cloth (muslin or cotton).
- Hoop the stabilized fabric. Try to achieve "tight as a drum" tension.
- Embroider the design. *Tip - If the design is denser than 8,000 stitches or if it is a poorly digitized design (too many stitches for design size), float an additional layer of Tearaway Magic (non-fusible) between the hoop and the bed of the machine for each additional 8,000 stitches for added support!
- Remove the hoop from the machine and from the garment.
- Tear away as much of the Tearaway Magic as possible. *Optional - Wet around the edge of the design using a sponge, foam paint brush or envelope sealer. Wait about 10 seconds to allow the water to activate the water soluble portion of the stabilizer.
- Stabilizer remnants will continue to wash out in the laundry with a mild detergent and agitation.
**NOTE: All irons heat differently. The iron temperature given above is a starting point. If you find that you are not getting a good fuse, slowly increase your irons temperature until you achieve a good bond between the fabric and stabilizer.
Jenny Haskins Tearaway Magic Fusible 20" x 10 yds (50.8cm x 9.14M) - Eco-Friendly Light Fusible Tearaway Stabilizer