Sorry we're out of stock!
Enter your email address below and we’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available.
Floriani Stitch N Wash, Water Soluble Tearaway Fusible
- Easy to remove from around delicate embroidery or machine stitching.
- Eliminates hours of "picking" out stabilizer remnants.
- Super stable and will support about 8,000 stitches if the design is well-digitised.
In the above example you can see how Stitch N Wash® Fusible has disappeared from the reverse side (bottom image) after laundering. It still remains behind the stitching but not the in-between areas. The fabric remains lovely and soft with natural drape which enhances the delicacy of the design when viewed from the right side (top image).
How to use Floriani Stitch N Wash® Fusible:
Use Stitch N Wash® Fusible when doing embroidery on loosely woven versions of heirloom quality fabrics such as lightweight cottons and linens that tend to shift during the hooping and embroidery process. By fusing the Stitch N Wash® Fusible onto the back of the fabric, it will aid in keeping the fabric taut.
- Fuse one layer of the stabiliser on to the back of the fabric or garment. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the hoop to insure proper stabilisation. *Important Use a low temp (260°F (120°C) Silk Setting) on your iron. Do NOT touch the surface of your iron to the Stitch N Wash® Fusible, press from the fabric side or use a press cloth (muslin or cotton).
- Hoop the fabric or garment and stabiliser. Try to achieve tight as a drum tension.
- Embroider the design. *Tip If the design is denser than 8,000 stitches or if it is a poorly digitised design (too many stitches for design size), float an additional layer of Floriani Stitch N Wash® between the hoop and the bed of the machine for each additional 8,000 stitches for added support!
- Remove the hoop from the machine and from the fabric or garment.
- Wet around the edge of the design using a sponge, foam paint brush or envelope sealer. Wait about 10 seconds to allow the water to activate the water soluble portion of the stabiliser.
- Tear away as much of the Stitch N Wash® as possible.
- Stabilizer remnants will wash out in the laundry with a mild detergent and agitation.
**NOTE: All irons heat differently. The iron temperature given above is a starting point. If you
find that you are not getting a good fuse, slowly increase your irons temperature until you
achieve a good bond between the fabric and stabilizer.
12 inches x 10 yards
20 inches x 10 yards
- Reviews (0)
Be the first to review this product.
Leave your own review