Sorry we're out of stock!
Enter your email address below and we’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available.
Floriani Water Soluble Topping
- Use on high pile fabrics such as fleece, terry and towels
- Use on textured fabrics such as corduroy, seer sucker, and velvet.
- Use on knits and lycra/spandex.
- Use to shield some fabrics from hoop burn
- Once opened, keep Floriani Water Soluble Topping sealed in an airtight ziplock type bag or Tupperware type container.
Floriani Water Soluble Topping provides a smooth stitching surface for your machine. When the machine has to manoeuvre around loops and grooves in the fabric, stitch quality can be poorly defined. In knit and t-shirt type fabrics (above image) your lettering can easily disappear into the fabric, getting lost in the knit.
Just cut a piece larger than the design (no need to hoop, which makes it economical). When embroidered tearaway to the design and then wet the topping to see it completely disappear leaving perfect embroidery.
This product is completely water soluble and provides fantastic stability on the surface of your fabric by keeping your stitches elevated. Make sure you store it in a sealed enclosure such as a polythene bag to stop it becoming brittle.
How to use Floriani Water Soluble Topping:
- Place the stabilised garment in the hoop and secure the hoop on the machine.
- Complete the centering and alignment of the design.
- Cut a piece of Floriani Topping slightly larger than the size of the design and place it on top of the fabric.
- Secure the Topping to the surface of the garment with scotch tape or by moistening the corners slightly and then sticking it down to the garment or the inside edges of the hoop.
- Complete the embroidery.
- Tear away as much of the topping as possible. Remove any remnants by moistening with a damp cloth, QTip or steam from an iron.
*Tip If your embroidery design is a satin stitch type embroidery and/or doesnt have an outline, use a wet QTip to go around the edge of the design before tearing any of the Topping away. This will prevent any distortion of the stitching.
20 inches x 10 yards
15 inches x 10 yards
- Reviews (0)
Be the first to review this product.
Leave your own review